Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Uh oh... starting to like editing

Yesterday I needed to take a look at my camera to see what I needed to do to correct all of the setting adjustments I made the other day.

It was back to basics; I pulled out my Nikon D5100 manual and the training DVD and figured out what I need to do. I was really glad I took the time to do this because I was able to understand what the DVD trainer was saying this time around. The first time I viewed the DVD I had just opened the box, so I really didn't understand what was being taught. I also realized how far I have come as a "photographer" in the last six months.

While flipping around the manual I stumbled on a feature the camera had for editing.  The two pictures posted are the same, one as taken and the other is edited using the "Retouch Menu, Selective Color".  I think this is going to be a fun tool to use.

This picture was taken on White Rock Road, the tree caught my eye because it looks like it had fallen over and died, and a new tree was growing off one of the remaining branches.


2 comments: