Saturday, October 6, 2012

A beautiful fall day at Lake Tahoe

Bill, Bill Sr. and I had a fantastic day at Lake Tahoe. Our first stop was Emerald Bay where I was lucky enough to have perfect lighting to capture the below picture. I used my Sigma 150-500mm lens. We took a left and headed six miles to end at Barker Pass Pacific Trailhead. I changed to my Nikon 55-300mm lens. I haven't used this lens much, but found it to be a very handy lens.  I got a great picture of this lone pine tree and another of a few pine cones.

We stopped for lunch at Sunnyside and had some great food and conversation. The weather was perfect, around 68, so we took a walk over to the docks and I set up the tripod to take a family photo. I ended up leaving the Nikon 55-300 lens on for this picture and the rest of the pictures taken at the lake.

Our last stop was at "Fanny Bridge". Fanny Bridge received its name from the profusion of posteriors that can be seen from the road as gawkers lean over to stare into the clear waters below.  Bill Sr. and I were pretty surprised to see how it had changed since the last time either of us were there. Since there were no fish at this time of year to photograph I took a few pictures of some gulls and ducks. The picture of the gull is a stop action photo. I still need to practice taking action shots. What I wanted to do was to have the bird soaring, not looking like it is in the picture... stopped...


No comments:

Post a Comment