Monday, February 16, 2015

History so close to home

On our way to Coloma we took a detour up Gold Hill Road. I had planned on surprising Bill by showing him a miniature pony farm I had seen years ago, but I guess they either are no longer there, or in the barn due to the time of year. We stopped to take this picture.


I have taken many pictures at the Marshall Gold Discovery State Park in Coloma and each time I see something new to photograph. Bill and I headed up the trail we have climbed so many times.

 
 
 

The last time we went on this trail we were searching for the Coloma Cemetery. Bill had been there as a child and remembered it being in that direction but we never found it. Today we continued up the trail and there it was.


 
 
On the way down the hill there we passed a bed and breakfast which was one of the original homes in Coloma. This trellis was over the walkway to the front porch.
 
Not sure if this is a weed or a succulent, I took this picture for my daughter (who loves succulents), and just above were these daffodils growing amongst fallen branches.
 
 
 
We made it back to the historic town and when crossing the street I saw this post office and found it odd to see the modern mailbox in the front.
 
 
As we were leaving the park Bill wanted to trek down to the river. On the way down  I saw another flower finding its way through twigs, rocks and leaves.
 
 
It was a beautiful day.. thank you Bill for nudging me to get out today, otherwise I would have missed all the beauty of the day.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment