Sunday, September 23, 2012

First try at sports action photographs

I thought it was about time I try my hand at taking some action photographs. I pulled out my class notes and reviewed the lesson on shutter speed and asked Bill to take Roxy outside to play.  The picture below of Bill and Roxy was my first attempt at an action shot (6:00pm). Remember, I am sharing my journey so I will be showing where I start and how I progress as I figure out what the heck I am doing.

My next attempt was too late in the day, not enough light so I wasn't able to set the shutter speed high enough. Out of frustration I deleted all of the picture (oopsss). 

A co-worker of Bill coaches soccer and suggested I come out and take pictures of the team. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong by looking at the various settings on the camera. I made some adjustments and am happy with the outcome. I have two  photographs from the game I would like to share with you (2:00pm, very sunny day).

All three pictures were taken with my Sigma 150mm-500mm lens.




No comments:

Post a Comment