Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday drive to Davis Ranch

It has been so hot and we have been so busy that I haven't had the time to enjoy getting out with my camera... so we packed up the car with all our gear and headed off to Davis Ranch to get some Sloughhouse corn and chili peppers for salsa.  We decided to take Latrobe Road from El Dorado Hills. On our way towards Rancho Murieta Bill took a quick left onto Forest Home Road (near Ione). Bill has been using my Nikon D5100 and wanted to photograph these horses so I decided to grab my camera for the shot below.  I will try to coax him into starting his own blog to post his photographs.


The next picture will be the first of many times I saw something today and had to ask Bill to turn around so I could go back for the shot. I couldn't believe this one piece of property had a corvette graveyard. The picture shows four corvettes, but what you don't see are the other three across the driveway.


Just before you get to Davis Ranch you pass through Rancho Murieta. I love the fact that a bridge was constructed for golf carts to cross the river to get to the next hole. I had to climb up on a chain link fence to get this shot. I bet I was a sight for drivers passing by.


We made it to Davis Ranch so I took a picture of the wax peppers that I didn't buy. We did get some Sloughhouse corn (the sweetest corn around, just as good as Brentwood corn), which we had for dinner and some jalapeno peppers for the salsa.


There is a windmill not far from our house that I had been trying to figure out how to get close enough to it to photograph. As we were heading towards Grantline Road I saw this windmill and told Bill if he turned around so I could photograph this windmill he wouldn't have to take me to photograph the one by our house. I don't know if it was my whining that got him to turn around or that he thought it would be a good compromise. 


We had such a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment