Monday, March 11, 2013

Folsom Powerhouse photo shoot

I attended my first Folsom Photography Meet-up at the Folsom Powerhouse last weekend. If you aren't familiar with "Meet Up",  you can go to meetup.com and find a group with about any interest you can think of.  I joined a few photography Meet Up groups but had been too intimidated to participate in one of the events. Recently a Folsom Area Photographer's group was started so I joined and jumped right in to attend the first event which was, as I mentioned, last weekend.  Tricia organized a group of four photographers and a model for a portrait session. Below are some of the pictures I took of "Ms. Olivia" our model. This is my first experience using a model. We will be meeting again this weekend to critique our photos and shoot some more pictures.

Lessons learned:
CA state parks require professional photographers to obtain permits to photograph in a park if the photographs are to be sold. If you are conducting business at the park by taking portraits a special permit is required which you would then be obligated to pay a % of your profits to the CA park district.







And of course I needed to take one of the powerhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment