Monday, December 24, 2012

When I set my mind to something.....

Last month Bill and I went out to Folsom Lake for a walk. I brought my camera and only one lens. I happened on a pine tree where an Acorn Woodpecker was busy doing what woodpeckers do. Unfortunately two things were against me that day... it was a cloudy day and I had the wrong lens. When I downloaded the photo below, I saw something I couldn't see from where I was standing to take the photo. I didn't know that woodpeckers placed acorns from the oak trees into the holes they pecked to open up the acorns.

November 25, 2012, 3:30pm


Since there were so many holes pecked in the tree I knew I could go back to this tree another day to try to get a better photo. Today (a month later) I went to the same tree at the same time of day. This time it was a sunny day and I brought my Sigma 150 mm x 500 mm so I could zoom in to get a closer shot.  I really like the picture I was able to get of the two woodpeckers, one with an acorn in it's beak.

December 24, 2012 3:45pm








No comments:

Post a Comment