Friday, November 9, 2012

One step forward, one step back

After our day trip to Lake Tahoe a few months back Bill and I decided to celebrate our anniversary up in Homewood. We rented a really nice house accross from the lake. This is the first time we took Roxy on a trip. She actually did very well on the drive and enjoyed swimming in the lake.

 

I titled this post one step forward, one step back because just as I think I am improving as a photographer I take a step back. My major challenge was shadows on this trip. I need to plan my destinations better based on the time of day.

We spent one afternoon at Kings Beach and enjoyed the amazing weather and scenery. It was great having the time to play around with the camera and various lenses.

 

 

We took a drive to South Shore, stoppping at an overlook of Eagle Falls. It had snowed a few weeks prior so the falls were running. Bill pointed out the shot I took of the hillside (good eye Bill).

 

South Lake Tahoe was very quiet.  We had coffee/tea over by the Delta Queen, watching tourists and relaxing a bit. The picture of the bears was a bronze statue outside the cafe.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment