Monday, October 22, 2012

Apple Hill - Fall 2012

I took a trip up to Apple Hill in Coloma, CA with my daughter Lexi and her boyfriend Justin on Sunday. If you haven't been to Apple Hill let me give you a few tips. Weekends are a great time to tour the farms because there are more crafts booths to look at, but you will find yourself waiting in traffic a lot of the time. I recommend being up  the hill by 9:00am and going to High Hill Ranch first, you can get there by taking Carson Road off of Highway 50 (this exit is less than 1/2 mile from the ranch).  High Hill Ranch has everything you need and if that is your only stop, you won't leave feeling you missed out on the "Apple Hill" experience. High Hill Ranch has pony rides, fishing, hay rides, pumpkins, crafts,cider, pies, apples... I am sure I have left a few things out.

There were so many tourists, so rather than trying to set up a good shot without a lot of people getting in my way, I decided to take some close up pictures that represent some of the things I enjoyed seeing that day (I would post some of  Lexi and Justin but I promised I wouldn't).  I would like to point out that the picture shot though the pine branches is not a black and white photo, it just happened to turn out this way due to the time of day and the lack of sunlight due to clouds.

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment