Sunday, September 9, 2012

Silhouette

I have been wanting to try my hand at taking a silhouette shot, so Bill and I went out to Folsom Lake around 6:00pm. I set up the tripod with a Nikon 50mm lens and my Nikon ML-L3 wireless remote.  What did I learn:

1. The wireless remote does not read the infrared sensor when the camera is facing the sun. So for me to be in the picture with Bill I had to set it up on the 10 second timer.
2. The sun has to be at the right position. I think I went too late, the sun probably needed to be more over head. I guess I need to read up on this.

Here is the best picture I took. As much as I hate photoshop I have to admit I made a few alterations to this picture. I look forward to posting a better photo without editing, but the reason I decided to blog my experiences was to share my journey while I am learning.




No comments:

Post a Comment