Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fun at the lake

Bill and I went out to Folsom Lake over the Labor Day weekend around 11am and I brought all of my camera gear. I set up my tripod and my Sigma 150x500mm lens (I really like my Sigma lens). The lens is very heavy so I usually keep it on my tripod when using it. I purchased a separate tripod mount just for this lens. Having a dedicated mount for the lens allows me to quickly attach the lens to the tripod and the camera to the lens.  I also recently purchased a Nikon Remote Cord (MC-DC2),  a must have piece of equipment. The remote allows you to take pictures without touching the camera while it is on the tripod, which minimizes camera movement. Here is one of my favorite pictures taken this day; Roxy, our Goldendoodle fetching a stick in the lake. I was very pleased with  the outcome.

1 comment:

  1. Leigh, I have to tell you the pic of your dog really turned out very well! What a spectacular action shot with such a balanced visual and incredible use of the environmental medium. Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete